Love of Fashion

15/01/2015

THE UNIVERSITY PAPER





Okay- so this is something I'm really excited about!

A couple of months back (well in December) I wrote a quick article for The University Paper, which for those who you who are unaware is a newspaper written by students across the nation. Each city's paper contains 20 pages of national content (content which will appear in every paper across every city), and 20 pages of local content (content which is specific to the city you are in). Been as the local sections of the newspaper do not cover any fashion topics, I haven't written much for my editor. However she approached me a few months ago with the chance to write a fashion article for the national side of the paper, which would then be submitted alongside all the other fashion articles and would be selected by a general editor.

Having not heard back I assumed my article hadn't been picked, however shortly after I received an email and a phonecall from one of the editors saying they wanted to use my article for the January edition and here it is!

You can view my article (page 18) here in the Liverpool edition of the paper: http://www.unipaper.co.uk/liverpool-edition-january-2015/

The University Paper is a great way for any students to get involved with writing and experience what it is like to have to work to a deadline and get to see your piece actually published in paper! I advise anyone who is interested in this kind of thing to have a look and see if your city is involved with this and get in contact with your local editor, it's worth it!

I featured the lovely Julia Ward, Eleanor Danks, Aisling McGarrigle and Lauren Kelly all whose blogs are linked within the article.

Thanks for reading!


   
 

No comments: