Love of Fashion

21/07/2014

WHITE WALLS, BLUE CHAIRS

THE HOLIDAY FEATURE






















Okay so here it is. My gushing post-holiday post. I have to say it was a dream/heaven/paradise/bliss. There now thats over and done with I can talk a little more in detail. I went on holiday with my family to Feuturventura this year and whilst I have never been, whenever I thought of it I always thought of a standard Spanish place, full of tourists and nice only for a bit of sun and an easy get away. But I was wrong, oh so very wrong. Firstly driving from the airport as the sun was setting across the sand dunes I fell in love. The place is rather majestic in a way I didn't expect the canary islands to be, and gives off a kind of arabic feel without having to worry about covering all your bits up! We stayed in a beautiful complex of private villas just out of town, whilst it was a little far from places in terms of walking distance (minus the local supermarket) it was surrounded by mountains with trails to climb and its distance gave it an altogether private, peaceful, romantic feel. This being said, a taxi ride to the sand dunes and ultimately beach was no more than 5 minutes! 

The villa was just a dream. I had expected a slightly dated, worn looking place but no. The white and blue made reminded me almost of Santorini (a place I am dying to visit but was happy for my own personal little dupe). The high walls meant it was oh so private and as it was a complex filled with mainly families who permanently resided there it was eternally peaceful and well maintained. This literally is my new happy place (second only to New York City).

I know its the done thing to take loads and loads of holiday outfit snaps but frankly I was so smitten with the place I was too busy capturing the scenery than myself, however that does not mean I wasn't able to bag a few outfit posts for y'all. The two pictures above show the two playsuits I wore whilst away, the white one sadly not photographing as nicely as it looked on. This one was from Marks and Spencers around 2 months back and went beautifully with a tan being all white as well as the long sleeves protecting me from the nightly island breeze! The second playsuit is one I found recently and is actually 7 years old from Topshop! I got it for when I was going on a cruise and disregarded it a few years back but losing some weight meant I was back to perfect size to squeeze into it again, and boy did I. I was so glad I took this little gem along with me as it fit in with the island feel so beautifully! Finally, an abundance of snaps of my Topshop bikini. It was literally my favourite holiday purchase before I went away and I'm so glad I got it- the floral kimono I'm pictured wearing over it is an old primark one. It was practical too, allowing me to give my burnt little tummy a rest for a day or two!


I hope you enjoyed this post, any comments are welcome below! You can find me on instagram @ellarosepoyzer and bloglovin.


For more: FacebookTwitter!




No comments: